- Name Kalkalpenweg
- Distance de sentier 150 km, 93 milles
- Durée en jours 8 jours
- Début de sentier Enns Besucherzentrum
- Fin de sentier Hinterstoder
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
Kalkalpenweg, Enns Besucherzentrum – Hinterstoder (trainstation), 150 km, 11 days
A new trail, created in 2007, to promote hiking in the eastern part of the Austrian Limestone Alps. The philosophy behind its design is "to experience new things", because that's what you and I want. In German, this type of 21st century trail is called a Leitwanderweg, a modern product, promoted with modern marketing methods.
The trail is marked with innovative signposts and 3D display boards. These help you explore the characteristics of the area. The trail starts in the Nationalpark Kalkalpen, Ennstaler Alps, and continues into the Sensengebirge and Totes Gebirge.
You can easily finish the Kalkalpen Travers in 11 days, going from hut to hut. Small companies offer luggage transport and hut reservations.