- Name Stubaier Höhenweg
- Distance de sentier 120 km, 75 milles
- Durée en jours 9 jours
- Début de sentier Neustift im Stubaital
- Fin de sentier Neustift im Stubaital
- Classement Traildino SW, Marche fatigante, sentier de montagne
- Classement Traversée de montagne T2, randonnée en montagne
Stubaier Höhenweg, Neustift im Stubaital, 120 km, 8 or 9 days
A very popular area in the Alps is the Stubai region. Many people wander across the glaciers, and up the high summits. If you don't fancy towing all that gear along, but just want to have a jolly good walk, then the Stubaier Höhenweg is a trail to your liking. Mind you: a whole legion of fellow hikers will join you; the trail is popular.
It will cost the average hiker about 8 or 9 days to finish the tour. Start and end are the same: Neustift. The variation of the trail is one of its assets. If you're looking for an easy stroll, forget this walk: it is a demanding and sometimes difficult walk. If you're an experienced mountain hiker, the trail is okay, weather permitting of course.