- Name GTJ - Grande Traversée du Jura (GTJ)
- Distance de sentier 420 km, 261 milles
- Durée en jours 21 jours
- Début de sentier Mandeure
- Fin de sentier Culoz
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
Traverse of the French Jura, 400 km, 2-3 weeks
It is always a good idea to group the sometimes rather aimless GR's around a theme. People get a clearer picture of what the trail is about. So are the Grandes Traversées du Jura, plural, because the creators had many groups of interest in mind: hikers, bikers and skiers.
The hiking trail - Grande Traversée du Jura - is made up of the GR9, the GR5 and some local routes. The conception dates back to 2004, pretty recent. The trail goes through many of the best parts of the majestic hills or mountains, the dark forests, the valley of river Doubs.