- Name Via Gebennensis (GR65)
- Distance de sentier 350 km, 217 milles
- Durée en jours 14 jours
- Début de sentier Geneva
- Fin de sentier Le Puy-en-Velay
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
Via Gebennensis, Geneva - Le Puy-en-Velay, 330 km, 13 days
Pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela, coming from Switzerland, will most likely follow this Way. From Geneva, it is about two weeks walking to Le Puy-en-Velay. The trail is marked red and white as GR65, and also with the blue and yellow coquilles Saint Jacques. This Way of St. James is very attractive as it traverses the Alps and is yet a quiet trail.
From Le Puy, pilgrims continue on the well known Via Podiensis to the Pyrenees. This part is also marked as GR65, and the FFRP issues a topoguide.
Visit Traildino's overview page for the Way of Saint James / Camino de Santiago.