- Name Feengrotten-Kyffhäuserweg
- Distance de sentier 230 km, 143 milles
- Durée en jours 12 jours
- Début de sentier Saalfeld
- Fin de sentier Kyffhäuser memorial
- Classement Traildino EW, Marche facile, sentier de la nature
Feengrotten-Kyffhäuser-Weg, Saalfeld - Kyffhäuser memorial, 230 km, 12 days
This old walking trail, revived in recent times, connects the dripstone caves of Feengrotten with the hills of Kyffhäuser, crowned with a huge monument honouring Kaiser Wilhelm I. This is actually one of the largest monuments in Germany, and funny is that nearby you will find a half unearthed statue of tragic (hm) Paul von Hindenburg. Maybe too much history here. But this is only the end of the trail. Before getting there you have seen a good many forests, towns, rural communities, rivers and so on and so on. This path is very varied in that respect.