- Name Hellismannaleid
- Distance de sentier 55 km, 34 milles
- Durée en jours 3 jours
- Début de sentier Landmannalaugar
- Fin de sentier Rjupnavellir
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
Hellismannaleid, Landmannalaugar – Rjupnavellir, 55 km, 3 days
From Rjupnavellir, west of mount Hekla, there is a footpath to Landmannalaugar. This path is called Hellismannaleid. You will walk around the northern foothills of the volcano, passing through a beautiful and vast, open landscape, still full of volcanic activity. You'll probably meet few other hikers. There are two huts to stay along the way, and the trail is marked.
From Landmannalaugar starts the popular Laugavegur trail, going south to Þórsmörk. This is quite a busy route. Would you rather walk alone, then the Hellismannaleid is a worthy alternative. Maybe you can even join a group to climb mount Hekla (1491 m, from the end of July).