- Name GR57 - Vallée de l'Ourthe (GR57)
- Distance de sentier 279 km, 173 milles
- Durée en jours 14 jours
- Début de sentier Luik (B)
- Fin de sentier Gilsdorf (L)
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
Vallée de l'Ourthe et sentier du Nord, Barchon - Diekirch, 79 km
The Ourthe is a well known river in the Ardennes region of Belgium. The trail more or less following its course, offers some of the best experiences of the Ardennes hills. It starts North of Liège / Luik. It passes La Roche-en-Ardenne, and it hits the north tip of Luxembourg. There, the trail actually continues, but it is called Sentier du Nord. Here too the trail runs along small meandering rivers. The landscape is distinct from the heavily wooded Ardennes. The path then ends in Diekirch.
The trail is quit popular, rightly so: it's a good choice. Nearby, the GR5 is finding its way.