- Name GR130 Camino Real de la Costa (GR130)
- Distance de sentier 180 km, 112 milles
- Durée en jours 8 jours
- Début de sentier Santa Cruz de la Palma
- Fin de sentier Santa Cruz de la Palma
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
The GR130 is a trail on La Palma, one of the Canary Islands. In one week time you will hike all around the island from village to village. The start is where the ferry land, in Santa Cruz de la Palma.
Clearly this trail was here before there was a road. It connected all the villages on the island, passing through farmlands. Now, we can use the trail as local people did in the past, and feel like a king. The trail is marked, and the village bars (not all) offer lodging and food. Maps and guidebooks are available.
The trail can be walked in any season. It is not a lazy trail. The coastline is carved deep by countless barrancas. You will go up and down a lot through these steep and forested ravines. If you are eager to explore the higher and exotic spots of La Palma, choose the GR131 or one of the local (marked) trails.
Check the complete list of Canary Islands.