- Name GR131 Camino Natural Cumbres de La Gomera (GR131)
- Distance de sentier 37 km, 23 milles
- Durée en jours 2 jours
- Début de sentier San Sebastián de la Gomera
- Fin de sentier Vallehermoso
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
La Gomera can be imagined as an egg: the yolk in the centre is its unique rain forest, only found on this island, made up from laurel trees. The trade winds create a moist climate in this hilly interior for most of the year.
The GR131 is one of the two GR’s on the island. The other GR encircles the island. This one climbs up from the harbour to the centre of the island where the rain forest thrives. It can be chilly here, bring warm clothes. The trail comes near the highest summit of La Gomera, Alto de Garajonay, 1.487 m. The trail ends in the attractive rural town Vallehermoso, surrounded by terraces and arid mountains.
The GR131 is part of the European long distance path E7.
Check the complete list of Canary Islands.