- Name International Appalachian Trail (IAT)
- Distance de sentier 3,058 km, 1,900 milles
- Durée en jours 153 jours
- Début de sentier Mount Katahdin
- Fin de sentier Crow Head
- Classement Traildino SW, Marche fatigante, sentier de montagne
- Classement Traversée de montagne T2, randonnée en montagne
The International Appalachian Trail extends the famous Appalachian Trail to the North, into Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador. Following the spine of the Appalachian Mountains from Mount Katahdin in Maine to Crow Head in Newfoundland/Labrador, the IAT/SIA is a 1900 mile (3058 km) journey and is "a showcase of breathtaking mountain scenery, pastoral countryside, and rugged coastline".
The trail keeps growing, by the way. "The Appalachians continue as the Caledonides in Greenland, the islands of the North Atlantic (Faroes, Shetlands, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales) and onto Norway", says the IAT / SIA home page. Recently, Greenland joined the Chapter of the International Appalachian Trail. Will the IAT / SIA become the first pan-European-American hiking trail?