- Name Heysen Trail
- Distance de sentier 1,200 km, 746 milles
- Durée en jours 60 jours
- Début de sentier Cape Jervis
- Fin de sentier Parachilna Gorge
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
The 1200 km long Heysen Trail will take you into remote corners of South Australia, from Cape Jervis in the south to Parachilna Gorge in the Flinders Ranges. The trail passes through a variety of landscapes: sea cliffs, sandy beaches, rural country, bushland, mountains, even vineyards. Hiking the full trail will take about 60 days. Best time is August - October. December to April is less appropriate since parts of the track might be closed due to bushfire risk.