- Thingmote 2019-10-30 22:03:31
Section of Spanish open and marked
- Like LuisMarqu3s, I'm not sure if anyone is still looking at this site, but for what it's worth, more of the Spanish part is open than is shown on the map here. I'd recommend taking a look at https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=10!43.3768!-3.9878 (it isn't completely up to date either, but it does show the GRs). I know that part, if not all, of the GR123, which runs to the French border is now marked as E9. The Spanish GRs are generally well marked and you can use them to fill in the gaps in the E9.
- Thingmote 2019-10-30 22:12:37
- Small correction: the GR123 joins up with the GR121 which runs to the French border, where it links in (more or less) to the French GR10 and GR11
- LuisMarqu3s 2019-04-04 01:01:29
E9 portuguese section
- Hi All, I’m trying to do the Portuguese path by sections and map all on GPX file but the information for Portuguese pathway is confusing. My first step is Sintra – Cascais, already marked and after I’m thinking about Rota Vicentina marked as well but without references here. Someone can help? I’m checking the map on Traildino and don’t seems the sections I found match with the Portuguese sections submitted for approval as GR11. As far as I know, the Portuguese section should match with this GR11…
- Traildino 2019-04-04 08:42:01
- I doubt if the route is in place currently. As you say, some sections in the South correspond with the Rota Vicentina. Further north, I don't think the trail is marked or existing at all. I recommend contacting the Portuguese Ramblers Association.
- LuisMarqu3s 2019-04-04 14:01:21
- Thank you for your feedback. I think you are trying to mention FCMP but I already tried and they just do not answer my emails or other kind of contacts :(
- TrailDog 2016-01-27 22:09:13
thru-hiking the E9
- hi, i'm going to attempt to thru-hike (start to finish in one go) the E9 from portugal to estland. im from Belgium and will leave for portugal on the 10th of april 2016. now i hardly find any documentation besides Germany and the Netherlands. wat i realy want to know is issent there like a somewhat complete guide or a list of connecting trails to help me realise my dream? if not im still going for it and will make up my own path ^^
friendly regards mathias
- Traildino 2016-01-27 23:49:13
- Hi there!
No, you will not find a thru-guide. Your plan is a real challenge, and more so because you will have to collect the bits and pieces of information yourself. You will find gpx's in Traildino Mobile or http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/
The trail may have gaps in Portugal, but I'm not sure. Spain is fine, excellent even. Then in France, the worst part is between the Gironde and Loire. From them on it will be a very pretty walk all the way to Kaliningrad. By the way: Poland is excellent, I did parts there myself. In the Baltic States, the E9 is non existent, But there will be other trails and/or coastal paths.
Are you planning to add the trail to OpenStreetMap? Would be handy to everybody.
- dh2016 2017-01-02 17:05:40
- Hi Traildog, just wanted to ask if you were able to achieve your goal? Would be great to hear how it went.
- Karl Neilson 2018-03-28 15:08:48
- Hi there Ill be walking in the opposite direction starting on the 21st April 2018 in Estonia, to Portugal.
- Mischa 2015-10-31 16:29:57
From Estonia to Kaliningrad
- Hello everyone, does anybody knows if it's possible to reach Kaliningrad from the end of E9 in Estonia (through the coastline) ? Any advice regarding this part ?
- Henk Nouws 2015-10-31 22:59:31
- I got information from the ERA that the E9 in Estonia is nonexistent. Poland is the last country.
- Karl Neilson 2018-03-28 15:13:27
- Hi Henk,
The Estonia, section is Non existent. I shall be walking that route in its entirety myself from the 21st april 2018. Attempting to map as much of it as possible. It is possible to reach Kallingrad, but you need a visa. Otherwise there is a bus service from Latvia to Poland, which allows you to cross through Russia without a permit.
- kika 2014-09-17 02:10:42
- Well the portugese part of this trail is partely ready. with the fishermans trail / historical way already being marked.
- kika 2017-01-08 09:35:45
- here is the link to some of the portugese trail for anybody that is looking
- LuisMarqu3s 2019-04-04 01:03:19
- I don't know if someone is looking inside this site / E9 anymore. Are you interested on it yet?