- Name GR15 - AE - Ardennes-Eifel (GR15)
- Distance de sentier 793 km, 493 milles
- Durée en jours 40 jours
- Début de sentier Monschau
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
Ardennes - Eifel, 793 km, (197 km in Belgium)
The AE, or Ardennes-Eiffel trail, connects three countries - Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg - and takes you into the core of two very beautiful low mountain areas: the dense forested Ardennes and the volcanic Eiffel. Officially the GR16 is part of this project, and this trail is running west where it crosses the border with France where it connects to the GR12 to Paris.
The problem is that the three countries involved do not have a common agenda. So you will search in vain for a guidebook for this particular trail. In Luxembourg the trail is still called Ardennes-Eifel, and in Germany the name is Ardennen-Eiffel Rundweg. Like all trails in these countries, you don't have to be afraid to get lost: the marking is good.
The map shows the Belgium part of the trail.