- Name Laurentien Trail
- Distance de sentier 75 km, 47 milles
- Durée en jours 5 jours
- Début de sentier Le Passage Lookout
- Fin de sentier Rivière-à-la-Pêche Service Centre
- Classement Traildino SW, Marche fatigante, sentier de montagne
- Classement Traversée de montagne T2, randonnée en montagne
Le Passage Lookout - Rivière-à-la-Pêche Service Centre, 75 km, 5 days
The Laurentien Trail is located in eastern Canada, Quebec. The Laurentian Mountains (Laurentides) is an area of forested mountains and mountain lakes. La Mauricie National Park is located in these mountains, and consists of a wooded hilly plateau rich in lakes. The past 100 years the forest has had a chance to regenerate.
Through this park runs the 75 km long Laurentien Trail, a wilderness trail. A permit is required. You must walk the path from east to west. In general, walkers make it in 5 days. At distances of 7-9 km you will find wimple campsites. Although a wilderness walk, the difficulty is moderate. A good opportunity to get acquianted with wilderness hikes. Important tip is to really set off lightweight. In summer, black flies and mosquitoes can be a plague.