- Name TMB - Tour du Mont Blanc
- Distance de sentier 170 km, 106 milles
- Durée en jours 11 jours
- Début de sentier Les Houches
- Fin de sentier Les Houches
- Classement Traildino SW, Marche fatigante, sentier de montagne
- Classement Traversée de montagne T2, randonnée en montagne
The Tour du Mont Blanc (TMB) is one of the most famous hiking trails, which attracts tens of thousands hikers every year. It's not a difficult route. But if you want to complete the 170 km and 8.000 meters of height difference, your condition must be good. Most people need 7 to 12 days. The tour around Europe's highest mountain, crossing France, Italy and Switzerland, will be even more rewarding if you pick out the many variants to the official path, often higher and more strenuous, but wilder and more quiet.
Most walkers start in Les Houches, France, (train) and walk anti-clockwise. From mid july till the end of august it is very busy on the trail, and huts are overcrowded. You must make reservations in advance. September is better, but most huts close in the middle of that month.
There is plenty of information on the internet, and many guide-books will help you on the trail.