- Name GR132 La Gomera (GR132)
- Distance de sentier 120 km, 75 milles
- Durée en jours 6 jours
- Début de sentier San Sebastián de la Gomera
- Fin de sentier San Sebastián de la Gomera
- Classement Traildino MW, Marche modérée, sentier de randonnée
- Classement Traversée de montagne T1, Randonnée
The island of Gomera is a popular hiking destination. Nature is different from the other islands. The centre of the island is densely forested and hilly. This laurel rain forest is protected and declared a Unesco World Heritage Site.
The coastal ring is dry and eroded. This trail, the GR132, is exploring this coastal ring. The earth is split at many places by deep eroded ravines, called barrancos, which make the hiking more strenuous. In some of these ravines, the forest thrives. When possible, the islanders cultivate the soil by creating terraced fields. The GR touches the rain forest in the northern part of the island.
The GR132 is an interesting and diverse walk. The trail is marked. One passes villages where accommodation is available. Maps and guidebooks are available.
Check the complete list of Canary Islands.